Major Highlights of Everest Chola Pass Trek
- Dramatic flight to Lukla Tenzing Hillary Airport.
- Explore around the Khumbu Valley and encounter the legendary Sherpa people along with their unique culture and lifestyle.
- The trail offers stunning views of Himalayan giants like Mt. Everest 8,848m, Lhotse, Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Amadablam, Nuptse, Mt. Pumori and other mountains and peaks.
- Spectacular view from Gokyo Ri, Chola Pass, and Kala Patthar.
- The breathtaking view of the Khumbu Icefall, pristine Gokyo Lake and Ngozumpa Glacier.
- The stunning mountain glimpses, religious Lakes of Gokyo valley, beautiful river valleys, glaciers, crossing Chola pass
Everest Chola Pass Trek is an impressive tour to the well known Khumbu region combining Everest Base Camp with Gokyo Valley and Chola Pass at an elevation of 5,420m. This adventurous trek leads you to the legendary Sherpa Village. It absolutely is one of the most adventurous tour for the keen trekkers. In short, the trek leads you to the terrific Gokyo Valley, magnificent Ngojumpa Glacier, famous Chola Pass along with the spectacular views of the Kala Patthar and Gokyo Ri. Similarly, the 360 degrees view of four above 8000m peaks and other mountains are magical indeed!
The trek begins with a dramatic flight to Lukla, the ultimate gateway to the Khumbu region. The specific combined trek gives you the stunning views of the mountain glimpses passing through the Dudh Koshi River. Meanwhile, the spectacular views of nature, along with the unique culture and lifestyles of the native Sherpa people are truly mesmerizing. Likewise, exploring the Sagarmatha National Park where you can witness varieties of flora and fauna along with wildlife like snow leopard, red panda, Himalayan Thar, etc.
Further, passing through the lush green forest and crossing the high passes provides the trekkers a heavenly pleasure that will definitely be one of the lifetime memory. Moreover, the hike up to Kala Patthar the perfect viewpoint from where you can see the excellent panoramic view of Mt. Everest(8,848m), Ama Dablam (6,856m.), Kantega (6,809m.), Kwangde (6,194m.), Mt. Nuptse (7,879m.) and Mt. Lhotse (8,511m) is a tremendous glory in itself.
Best Season For Everest Chola Pass Trek
The best season for the trek are;
- Spring Season (Mid-March to May)
- Autumn Season (September to Mid December)
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu 1350m/4428ft.
Day 02: Fly Kathmandu/Lukla (2610m) and 3hrs trek to Phakding (2810m).
Day 03: Trek to Namche 3,450m/11,315ft- 6hrs.
Day 04: Rest and acclimatization.
Day 05: Trek to Tengboche 3,860m/12,677ft- 4/5hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Dingboche 4,410m/14,485ft- 4/5hrs.
Day 07: Acclimatisation.
Day 08: Trek to Lobuche 4,910m/16,105ft- 4hrs.
Day 09: Trek to Everest Base Camp and back to Gorakshep 5,185m/17010ft- 4hrs.
Day 10: Hike to Kalapather 5,545m/18,187ft – Dzongla 48300m/15,840ft- 5hrs.
Day 11: Cross Chola Pass (5368m) and trek to Thangnak (4495m/15400ft) – 6/7hrs walk.
Day 12: Trek to Gokyo (4,750m/15,584ft) 4 hrs walk
Day 13: Trek to Dole (4,045m/13,270ft) – 6 hrs walk
Day 14: Trek down to Namche – 4/5 hrs walk
Day 15: Trek to Lukla (2,850m/9,350ft) – 6 hrs walk.
Day 16: Fly Lukla/Kathmandu 35 minutes.
Day 17: Free Day
Day 18: Final Departure
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the Everest base camp trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader
Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation.
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
- Nepalese visa feeExcess baggage charge(s)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- International flights
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s) and driver(s)