Highlights of Langtang Trek
- 8 hours of bus ride from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi (starting point)
- The trek follows the trail by the side of the Bhote Koshi river initially passing through the dense forest at lower altitudes.
- Very warm hospitality offered by the local people
- An excellent view of Langtang Himalayas, Valley and across to Tibet from Kyanjing Ri (4,773m )
- Unique landscape and culture untouched by modernization.
Langtang Trek is also considered as the trek with a real heart. It is one of the shorter hiking routes in Nepal. It offers an excellent scenic view from the dense forest at lower altitudes to peaks and glaciers at higher elevations.
Starting from Syabru Besi and ending point at Syabru Besi the Langtang Trek has been in the bucket list of most of the active travelers. The trekking route got limelight after the devastating earthquake of 2015 followed by the avalanche in Langtang valley. It is estimated that around 1500 local people including the outsiders and the homes and lodges were buried by the avalanche.
The Langtang Valley was the most highly affected place. However, once the country got back to the normal state the trekking route of Langtang became the major tourist attraction and the most pleasant trips in Nepal.
Langtang Trek Difficulty
Well, it is the most frequently asked question and talking about it, it is from easy to moderate. Neither too easy nor too difficult and requires no prior experiences.
The entire trail follows uphill and downhill routes with few steep parts. Likewise, the difficulty depends upon the weather or trekking season you prefer to do as well.
Best Time for Langtang Trek
Spring (March-May) and Autumn (September-November) tends to be the best season for Langtang Trek. During these months the temperature will be moderate. Moreover, the stable weather on dry trails makes the trek much easier.
Whereas during the Winter season(December-February) and Mansoon(June-August) there will occur unexpected rainfall or snowfall causing certain challenges during the trek.
However, the trek is doable throughout the year if you wish to. Last but not least, make sure that you pack warm clothes. We would recommend a sleeping bag as well but are not a must.
The Langtang Trek is probably the best one for those with less time and if you wish to do a bit longer trek or go further Langtang you can definitely do 16 days Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
For further more information feel free to contact us. Our team is always here to help you.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport and transfer to the hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu drive to Syabru Bensi (1550m) about 7-8 hours drive
Day 03: Syabru Bensi trek to Lama Hotel (2450m): walking distance 6-7 hours, 1070m ascent 10.9 km
Day 04: Lama Hotel trek to Langtang Village (3430m): walking distance 4-5 hours, 980m ascent 14.8 km
Day 05: Langtang Village trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3870m): walking distance 2-3 hours, 460m ascent 6.8 km
Day 06: Acclimatization / Exploration day in Kyanjin (3870m)
Day 07: Descent back to Lama Hotel (2450m): walking distance 6 hours, 1430m descent 21.6 km
Day 08: Lama Hotel trek to Syabru Bensi (1550m): walking distance 4-5 hours, 1070m descent10.9 km
Day 9: Drive back to Kathmandu: 7-8 hours drive
Day 10: Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu.
Day 11: Farewell Departure
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfers by private vehicle.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin sharing basis including breakfast.
- Guided Tour of Kathmandu City with expert tour guide and private vehicle
- Government license holder experienced, trekking guide (trained in Wilderness First Aid& altitude sickness) and porters (1 porter for between 2 trekkers basis) with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance, clothing, and medicine.
- Twin sharing Tea house/Lodges Accommodation during the trekking
- Daily Meals are chosen from the Menu (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek.
- Langtang National park Trekking Permit.
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System) Card for the Langtang Trekking.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Kathmandu to Trek start point transfer by Local bus ( private land cruiser are also available by adding separate cost)
- Welcome/Farewell Nepali Dinner in Kathmandu
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee, you can get Nepal visa up on arrival in the Airport.
- International Airfare, City tour Sightseeing entry fees.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, sweets, snacks, beverages and bar bills, camera battery charging.
- Travel Insurance (Essential – Should include emergency evacuation coverage while trekking up to 5500+ meters).
- Personal trekking gears
- Tips for tour/ trekking staffs and driver
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.